Top Tips For Renting a Car in Bozeman
- Visit Bozeman and benefit from the freedom and flexibility a rental car can give you during your stay. Apart from the many attractions within the city borders, such as the Museum of the Rockies, there are also many national parks and green spaces that are best reached by car. About 90 miles to the south lies Yellowstone National Park, which is an hour and 40-minute drive from Bozeman city and is just waiting to be explored.
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport is over 10 miles from the city center, so the most convenient way to get out and about is by renting a vehicle directly at one of the airport agencies. Situated right next to the baggage claim area, the airport sports eight major agencies, including Hertz, Avis, and National. There are also some off-site rental agencies, some of which offer shuttle services from the airport to the rental center.
- The winters in Bozeman, Montana can be very cold and bring lots of snow. Knowing how to handle a car in winter conditions is important when visiting the city in the cold months. First of all, make sure to have the rental car equipped properly and also rent snow chains, if necessary (they may only be used when there is ice or snow on the roads).
- Another important aspect of driving in cold conditions is to adjust your speed. Bozeman drivers are generally known to be patient and friendly and will usually also adjust their speed when the roads are slippery. Sudden braking or accelerating should be avoided and headlights should always be turned on – even during the day – so that other drivers can spot your car better in the snow flurries.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Bozeman for $46 or less
- Book your rental car in Bozeman at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Off-airport rental car locations in Bozeman are around 19% cheaper than airport locations on average
- Intermediate rental cars in Bozeman are around 51% cheaper than other car types, on average